Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Hmmm not so much, but good?

Ok, so just so everyone knows I hate reality T.V. shows! But since I currently don't start work until next week and I am no longer in school, I have watched some. I have also JUDGE a lot of them! Now I want to talk about 2 of them that I have recently seen and felt needed to be discussed, The Swan and The Biggest loser!

The Swan is a show about taking an ugly duck, and making them beautiful. Now my good friend Becca Mcbrr HATES this show. She use to bitch about it all last year, when I had never even heard of it. So when I heard of The Swan 2, I thought I would see what she was bitching about. Now when I watched it this week, I was shocked at the changes they did on these ugly ass people. Now don't get me wrong I felt bad that they were ugly and I was happy that the show could be there for them. Now, Becca hated the fact that the message was if your ugly get plastic surgery. I know that sounds bad, but honestly why wouldn't you. I say that half joking, but really what else is there to do? Unless you want to continue to look ugly and most the people on the show couldn't afford to do anything about their appearance. So they in fact were lucky to have the show do something for them. But part of me still feels that it is wrong to have this show exist. I mean it would be nice if they could get it done because they wanted it and someone would flip the bill for them, but to do it for the American publics enjoyment is well... fucked up.

Now as for the Biggest Loser! I think this show is gold!! I mean big people doing anything that makes them exercise is poetry. I think that the host herself should also have to work out and eat health too. I mean how can someone who is overweight herself host this show! That is a flaw. I have to JUDGE myself for watching this show though. I mean it is a horrible show. The things they put these poor people though is also Fucked up! I know that they must have pitched the show to them with "you can eat health and have a trainer and lose weight." But sugar covered over the challenges and temptations they have for them everywhere. The things they put these people though is horribly degrading! I mean I love it when they have to step on the scale in swimming suits to see their results, but that in itself is degrading. They do it all for my enjoyment, I mean isn't that wrong?

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...maybe I should clarify:) I'm not saying plastic surgery is bad...if I had the money I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't get something fixed. I just think the Swan is fucked up because they're telling these people that the only way they'd ever be considered beautiful is to completely reconstruct themselves. I'm sure these people are not all "ugly ducklings".... Ok Anaya, stop getting me worked up about that damn show!!!!
-Becca
PS I love The Biggest Loser!:)

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger artistanaya said...

Becca I think you need to see the show again, because these people need plastic surgery. And I love the biggest loser too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home